ADOPT A PASTOR
What is the Adopt a Pastor Program?
A way to support and significantly improve the life of a Cuban Methodist Pastor and his family while they do God’s work in Cuba.
Why should we support them?
- The average Methodist Pastor in Cuba earns about $20 per month.
- Average Cuban income is around $20 per month per person. With a family of 4 (husband, wife, and 2 kids) in Cuba generally having 2 incomes, so family income would be around $40. However, generally pastor’s spouses are significantly involved in the church and therefore not working and brining in a second income. This means most pastor families are living on much less than other families.
- Life in Cuba on $20 per month is not easy for any family, especially when you consider that pastors have more expenses than an average Cuban family because of their ministry. Additional expenses may include cell phone costs to be reachable to church members, travel expenses for pastoral care, travel to conferences, etc.
- Because of this, many pastors are living without things that you and I would consider basic necessities.
- However, all of this can be completely changed. The life of a pastor and his family can be changed drastically and you can double their income by adopting a pastor. Small investment, huge impact.
How much does it cost? What does it consist of?
- The average salary supplement is $25 per month. However, salary supplements range from $15 per month on up to more than $50 per month in some cases. There is no set amount, anything $15 or more per month is considered Adopting A Pastor.
- We encourage you to email your pastor on occasion. While this is not mandatory, the relationship you build will likely be more important than the money you give.
It’s Very Easy to Do
- Let us know if you, your church, or your small group would like to Adopt a Pastor.
- We notify the district superintendent in Cuba, who chooses a pastor for you.
- We provide you with their Name, Church Name, Location, and Email Address.
- You send the money down, usually one year’s worth at a time, either via a team that is going down (which we will help coordinate) or using a service (which we can provide you the information for).
Change a life today. Be a part of the work that God is doing in Cuba.
Interested in getting involved or learning more? Please contact your District coordinator at www.flumc-missions.org
RETIRED CUBA PASTORS ADVANCE
This Advance will strengthen our “Methodist United in Prayer” covenant with Cuba, which has been in existence for 17 years. Support provided through this Advance will show our appreciation for servants of God that have committed their lives to proclaim the Gospel in Cuba and will help provide them with a more stable financial situation after retirement.
Methodist pastors in Cuba receive an average of 20USD as monthly salary. Consequently, their contributions to the retirement fund are extremely low and will only account for 160 Cuban pesos (equivalent to 6.40USD) as monthly income in retirement. Funds from this advance will provide a supplement of 250 Cuban pesos ($10 at current exchange rate) to their retirement monthly income.
To contribute to this Advance, visit http://flumc-missions.org/how-to-give.html Use Advance # 100140.
The Cuban government limits the number of worshipers in houses. For the worshipers to bring new people to Christ, a church building is required. This Advance will support IMECU’s evangelistic effort through new church planning. Our goal is to help provide house churches, thereby enabling new church starts.
To contribute to this Advance, visit http://flumc-missions.org/how-to-give.html Use Advance # 110030.
Global Missions of The Florida Conference
450 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33815